Monday, December 5, 2011

How would your cooperating teachers and university supervisors describe you? What specific examples could they refer to in support of their recommendation?

There are many different things that my cooperating teacher or university supervisor could say regarding my past performances.  The first thing that I think they would say would be that I am very organized both with my lesson planning and implementation.  An example of this skill set would be when I ran stations with my kindergarten class.  I had four different stations, all of which had different overhand throwing tasks.  But because of my organizational skills, it made it very clear which station was which and how to transition from station to station.  By being organized it proves that no matter what age group, any age can do stations.  The second thing I think that my university supervisor or cooperating teacher would say would be that I am very well prepared.  I always have my lesson plans done in advance and on time.  Also my lesson plans are very detailed and thorough.  I cover every single thing that I am going to teach and go into extreme detail when explaining it.  Some of my lesson plan have been upwards of 20 pages long before.  Another thing I believe my university supervisor or cooperating teacher would say about me would be that I am very enthusiastic and motivated.  I come to teach every single day with a great attitude and happy to be there.  I’m always motivated to make sure the students learn and are ready to be fully active when they come to PE.  Finally I think the last most important thing that my university supervisor or cooperating teacher would say, would be that I’m a good PE teacher, and that whoever was looking to employ me would get a great new addition to their team, someone who was ready to go the extra mile, build a foundation in the community, and be a great teacher for all the students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment